PUC Certificate Download: Did you know that a valid insurance cover, valid driving license, registration certificate, and a valid PUC certificate are the mandatory documents that every vehicle owner must carry while driving on Indian roads.
puc download online
As in India, all vehicle owners are already aware of the importance of having a valid driver’s license and registration certificate, but insurance coverage and the PUC certificate are ignored or unknown.
PUC Certificate Download
Remember, under the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, you have to have insurance coverage. Similarly, under the Centre’s 1989 Motor Vehicle Rule, you are required to obtain a Certificate of Release for your vehicle.
➤ PUC Certificate Download: Click Here
Download the PUC certificate online.
You can download the PUC certificate electronic copy through the official Parivahan website ation number and chassis number.
Here are the steps to download the PUC certificate online immediately.
Sign into the official PUC certificate Download the page from any web browser.
Download PUC Certificate
- It will ask you to enter the Registration Number, Chassis Number (last 5 characters) and Verification Code as shown in the image.
- Note: If you don’t know the chassis number, go to the Find Vehicle Owner page to get the chassis number and registration number.
- After entering the required information, click the PUC Details button and your certificate will appear.
- That’s all, click the Print button and save the PUC PDF certificate onto your device.
puc certification download
What is PUC Certificate?
- The PUC certificate means Pollution Under Control is a certificate that is given to the vehicle after successfully completing a PUC test under the Central Motor Vehicle Rule. The certification is required for all vehicle types, including CNG, LPG, gasoline and diesel.
- Pollution Under Control Certificate states that the vehicle is safe to drive on Indian roads and smoke emits from vehicle is under control as per the standard rules set by the government to control pollution.
- In case your vehicle does not receive the certificate, this implies that your bicycle, car, bus or truck smoke emissions are out of control. In short, your vehicle threatens the air in your town.
The PUC certificate contains the following information
PUC certificate number
Vehicle registration number
Date of registration
Validity (Expiry date)
PUC Certificate Validity
- When you buy a new car or bicycle, a PUC certificate is supplied by the company and the validity of this certificate is 1 year.
- After the expiry of that year, your vehicle will need to undergo the emission test every six months and a new certificate will be issued each time.
- If the emission is detected to be above the prescribed limit, the validity of the certificate shall be decided on the basis of that reading. The center will also notify the RTO of your registration number within 1 day.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is PUC Certificate?
The PUC Certificate means Pollution Under Control is a certificate that is given to the vehicle upon passing a PUC test under the Central Motor Vehicle Rule. It states that the vehicle may operate safely on Indian roads.
Where can you apply for a PUC certificate?
You can apply to all authorized gas pumps or independent test centers and you will be awarded a certificate instantly.
Why is a PUC Certificate Required?
It helps check vehicle emission levels to see if they are safe and contributing to air pollution.
Which vehicles require PUC Certification?
All vehicles on Indian roads must be provided with a valid CV certificate.
What is the validity of PUC Certificate?
It issued to a brand new vehicle is valid for one year. After this, the tests must be done every six months and you will obtain a new certificate.
What is the cost of the emission test?
The cost of the test varied between Rs.30 and Rs.100 according to the vehicle and the fuel type.